2013/02/19

The Blackout AllStars - I Like It

The Blackout All-Stars - I Like It

I remember hearing I Like It by The Blackout AllStars for the first time in 1994. Let me tell you, it was so infectious. For days, all I would sing was "Stomp your feet if you like my beat, Clap your hands if you want some more... I like it, I like it, I like it like that". 

'I Like It' has remained one of my all-time favourite tunes. The version I most enjoy, is this Bobby D'Ambrosio Club Mix that runs 7 minutes. This is an excellent rhythmic version, that just gets you up dancing and stomping your feet to the beat.

The Blackout Allstars was a Latin super-group that was formed to record "I Like It', for the title theme song of the comedy-drama film "I Like It Like That" released in 1994.

The Blackout All-Stars' line-up consisted of musicians; Tito Puente and Sheila E. (percussions), Grover Washington Jr. (sax), Ray Barretto (congas), Paquito D'Rivera (clarinet & sax), Dave Valentin (flute) and Tito Nieves on vocals.

When doing my research on this song, I learned that 'I Like It' is a cover version of a 1967 boogaloo hit "I Like It Like That (A Mi Me Gusta Asi)" by Pete Rodriguez.  A great new discovery! I Like It. I Like It.

1 comment:

  1. wow i was just turning 4 years old when this came out

    ReplyDelete